Ever wonder what is happening on your network? Whether detection or prevention, recognize and prepare for the inevitable intrusion.
The key to Intrusion Management is to have visibility into what is happening on your network in real time. Without the visibility that today’s host and network Intrusion Detection & Prevention systems can give you, network security becomes a guessing game. However, these systems need to be monitored 7 x 24 x 365 to be effective. The number of events these systems are capable of generating can almost paralyze an entire IT staff with too much information and false positives. For these reasons we highly recommend you consider a monitoring service for these technologies, enabling you to focus on running your business.
Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) –These systems monitor the traffic on your network and identify issues by looking for any of the following: signatures of known attacks, protocol anomalies (deviations from established protocol standards), or behavioral anomalies (deviations from an established baseline).
Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
- Host-based Intrusion Detection Systems (HIDS) –software-based, usually deployed on critical servers.
- Network-based Intrusion Detection Systems (NIDS) –sensors, which can be deployed as software or appliances, which monitor network traffic for attacks.
– provides the same monitoring capabilities as IDS, but also grants the ability to drop traffic when established parameters are met.
Managed IDS & IPS
- Host-based Intrusion Prevention Systems (HIPS) – software-based, usually deployed on critical servers.
- Network-based Intrusion Prevention Systems (NIPS) – usually appliances, in order to meet the speed requirements of sitting in-line within the network, prevent malicious packets from reaching their intended targets.
– TIG is partnered with the two largest and most capable Managed Services Providers in the world today. Symantec and Counterpane take all of guess work out of running these systems so that you can sleep at night knowing that your network is being watched by the best security analyst in the world 7 x 24 x 365.
Discover how you can optimize now –connect today to set up a live demo.